News from the Monastery
CHRIST IS BORN FOR US!
We monks wish you all our friends and benefactors a Merry Christmas, one which is filled with the grace of the Holy Child Jesus!
We wish you all and your family a Happy and Properous NEW YEAR 2018!
On behalf of the Brothers, I would like to greet you and your family in the love of Christ!
We give God thanks for the last eight years of our foundation since September 2009. Through his providence, God showers us with his love and continuously grants our community his abundant grace.
God cares for us always and gives us our daily bread. At the same time, God also grants us more vocation. We are most grateful.
God shows his love through all our benefators, friends, and all members who register with us to support our monastic vocation, which we call it the ‘Thien Tam Family.’ You all have shown your generous support in many concrete and different ways. Your faithfulness and your accompaning us the last eight years have helped us realize the progressive growth of the monastery.
We wish to share with you certain activites of our community this year.
- On January 7, Br. Matthew Gam Nguyen, OSB, was ordained a deacon by Bishop Vincent Nguyen, Auxiliary Bishop of Archdiocese of Toronto. We are arranging for him to become a priest on January 13, 2018.
- On February 2, Thang Le became a postulant. We hope that he will enter the novitiate on Feb. 2, 2018.
- Our BLESSED SACRAMENT DAY VIII (June 8-11, 2017) was good, although it rained until Friday. By the grace of God, it did not rain on the main day, Saturday June 10. Thus, we were able to have liturgical celebrations as well as processions outdoor.
- Each year about mid-July, we celebrate the Feast St. Benedict, our Founder. St. Benedict is the patron of the membership program, called the ‘Thien Tam Family.’ On this occasion, we particularly wish to show our gratitude to all our benefactors.
- On November 1, Br. Lazaro Doan, OSB, made his simple monastic vows.
- On November 25, Br. Dominic Dat Phung, OSB, was ordained to the diaconate by the Most Rev. Vincent Nguyen.
We give God thanks and praise for all his blessings which God bestows on us daily.
Fr. Dominic Hanh Nguyen, OSB